Updated: 8 January 2013
12 April 2011
Messages from fellow freelancers
Questions about freelance taxation in the Philippines occasionally reach your manuscript editor's inbox. There were also instances when the questions raised relate to other freelancing matters. To share with fellow freelancers the information as well, this page has been made. Feel free to send in your freelancing questions, and we'll try to answer them here or point you to a suitable link. Messages sharing your successes in freelancing are also welcome.
Thank you for writing!
- On sample [accounting] book entries . . .
- What exactly do I file with the BIR?
- How do I consolidate my Pag-IBIG contributions under my name?
- Is withholding tax really a must for freelancers?
- If I were to pay for the fourth quarter (Oct-Dec), do I use the 1701Q form?
- Since we've filed the first three quarterly tax reports, is the fourth quarter tax the only one we file on April 15?
- What are the months covered for quarterly and annual income tax returns?
- I got my COR early this month! Yay!
- Should Filipino freelancers pay income tax?
- Thank you for posting
- If I register as a single proprietor, will it mean more taxes for me even if I’m the only one in my business?
- Employee to self-employed . . . will the process of registering as a professional be different for me?
- May I ask for advice on what to do so I can resume contributions to these agencies?
- Starting a KPO business: What kind of business application should it be?
- How would a freelancer issue an OR to a foreign (or overseas) client?
- Just want to ask about the 2551M (monthly percentage tax).
- Standard rates
- I've been constructing my Google site. What do I do if I want to change the name of my website--meaning, change it directly?
- I finally got my Certificate of Registration from the BIR.
- How does the payment of each type of tax work?
- What type of taxes do I pay under #22 of Form 1901?
- Can I ask for a sample copy of the letter of intent?
- Did you also pay your PTR at the municipal's office prior to registration with BIR? How much did it cost? What does the municipal office require me to pay PTR?
- Can I ask for a scanned copy of your sample receipt?
- Do accountants charge when they are consulted?
- I was browsing the Internet for information on taxation for Filipino freelancers when I chanced upon your website.
- Should Iregister a business name for DTIand get a mayor's permitto apply for BIR as a freelancer?
- Would you say that EFA membership is worthwhile?Is the EFA newsletter (The Freelancer) any good?How about the e-mail discussion list?And what about the courses,have you participated in one of them and what can you say about it?Finally--though I know I've said this is not my main goal--have you garnered new projects from being listed on the EFA website?